It’s a pretty big call I realise, but this is actually my favourite way to prepare Chicken in the Summer months. It keeps Chicken breasts & thighs succulent, and the simple flavour combo produces scrumptious mouthfuls with every bite.
It isn’t my own creation. Years ago I used to nanny overseas and although I prepared and cooked the majority of the meals, my boss would always insist on his Chicken to be marinated in this fashion before coming home and BBQing it himself (with a nice glass of wine in hand).
I had completely forgotten about this little trick until very recently and thank goodness it came back to me. We’ve been enjoying Chicken prepared this way a lot over the Summer and loving it every time. The kids devour it, it’s so easy to serve alongside my beloved Perla potatoes and a salad of any kind. I also use it sliced up in tortillas for wraps which is another favourite meal for the littles.
There isn’t really a recipe to tell of here, but here are the simple directions for my preparation:
- Chicken breasts or thighs
- Japanese Rice Wine Vinegar
- Garlic Salt
- Place chicken on a large plate.
- Drizzle liberally with the rice wine vinegar, turn over and douse the other side.
- Sprinkle liberally with garlic salt.
- Leave to sit anywhere from 5 minutes to overnight in the fridge.
- Heat oil on BBQ or in frypan over medium heat.
- Cook on one side until brown, turn and cook through the other side.
- Remove from BBQ or pan and leave to sit for a few moments.
- Slice thinly and serve with your choice of sides.
This particular rice wine vinegar is from the Japanese section of my local supermarket. Any Japanese Rice Wine Vinegar will do the trick.