We were given a SodaStream Play late last year and it has been such a wonderful addition to our kitchen. I don’t buy juice very often and my kids only real option for drinks around these parts include water, water or water. HA! We certainly don’t buy soft drink and whilst some people may think I am creating a monster by not allowing them to drink coke, or even try it, I wasn’t allowed it as a kid either and I hate it to this day.
But there is definitely something fun and appealing to kids about fizzy water and pretty colourful beverages. That’s where this SodaStream machine comes in. SodaStream has come up with a vast array of beautiful new flavour options which are absolutely deeeeee-licious, but not just that, they are free from High Fructose Corn Syrup, preservatives, artificial sweeteners and artificial colours and flavours! All of which sounds good to me!
The classics are still available too, but it’s the new flavours which have me excited – things like Pink Grapefruit, Apple-Peach, Kiwi-Pear, Fresh Lemon and Green Tea-Lychee. Yum!
SodaStream asked me to come up with a refreshing, healthy hydration creation fit for Summer. This Summer has been amazing and we have used our SodaStream regularly to increase our hydration levels.
This recipe is quick, thirst-quenching and healthy for adults and kids alike.
- 1 X tin of Peaches in juice (not syrup)
- 1L carbonated water / soda water
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C coconut sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2-3 lemons
- Slices of lemon
- Mint if desired
- In a small pot over medium heat, dissolve the coconut sugar in water, add the lemon juice and zest. Bring to the boil, and simmer for around 5 minutes. Strain into a measuring jug. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender or using a stick blender, blitz up the tin of peaches. Set aside.
- Line your glasses up on the counter and into each glass, layer as follows - 2 T peach puree, 1 T simple syrup, 1 scoop of ice. Top with soda water to fill.
- Taste and adjust sweetener to your liking, add more simple syrup if desired.
- Garnish with slice of lemon, mint, and straws and serve.
- Serves 4-6 depending on size of the glasses used.
- This would also work well with apricots or tinned berries.