My pesky cold is still hanging around – almost 3 weeks after it started. So annoying! I have been enjoying this spectacular weather we’ve had this week though, have you? First week back at school has been looooovely. I don’t mind making lunches each morning when I get my mornings to myself after 9am. Well, not really to myself, but for me and the littlest just to do whatever we feel like.
I’ve had a great week actually. I attended a stunning lunch event for Trilogy Skincare for their Age Proof range on Tuesday in the City, followed by a Disney on Ice Meet & Greet event with the kids, my Dad returned from his 2 month trip to Europe and I got to hang out with my gorgeous girlfriends last night too!
Here are my Favourites on Fridays for the 24th of July (eeeeek, that’s almost August!):
1. My skin has been a little drier than usual the past few weeks (I’m seriously struggling to drink enough water!) and I’m still trying to heal the skin-burn I created using undiluted essential oil above my lip. It’s taking forever to heal , but I’ve found applying a drop of this Trilogy Rosehip Oil each night before bed (and periodically during the day) is helping it to heal without being dry.
2. I’ve been popping lots of different vitamins, multis, and zinc in an attempt to boost my immunity and have added a Liposomal Vitamin C to my stash too. Apparently this is the best form of Vitamin C because it uses Lecithin from Sunflower oil instead of Soy, and contains the Ascorbic Acid form of vitamin C. Dr Mercola advises that although the capsules themselves do not contain liposomes, once the contents dissolve in the gut when taken with water, the process of liposomal encapsulation of the Vitamin C commences.
3. I’m onto my third week of ordering my fruit & vegetables from Foodbox.co.nz and I’m loving. As someone who does my regular groceries online too, I have become well accustomed to the delivery at my doorstep and have to tell you that I do not in any way, shape or form miss heading out to the supermarket with kids in tow to waste an hour. I just shop late at night on my laptop, shopping only from my list and the next day it arrives ready for me to put away. No lugging bags in from the car, no supermarket trolley tantrums. Winning! Anyway, Foodbox offers a great service including meats, veges, fruit and milk, cheese and a raft of other products. They recycle their boxes and everything that has arrived is fresh, top quality and delicious. I’m seriously impressed. And I’m spending less than I was at our local fruit & vegetable store. There are things arriving that I wouldn’t usually buy, but it’s forcing us to eat outside the square a little more and to eat in season which is really important. The delivery people are so friendly and pleasant and the overall experience has been a really awesome one. I’ll be a customer for a good while yet.
4. In the same vein, I absolutely adore having the best beef ever arriving on my doorstep the day after I order it. It’s honestly the best meat I’ve ever eaten, and I have been trying a few other ‘amazing’ suppliers recently just to ensure I’m accurate in that assessment. Seriously, I come back to it every time because it’s just that good. You can watch the cute little video on more about Green Meadows Beef right here. I love everything about this company – the flavour and tenderness of their product obviously is right up there, but their ethos is super important to me too and I find it a no-brainer to support businesses that get this side of things right!
We have more family time scheduled this weekend – catching up with Pops and hearing all about his adventures on the Continent, and Disney on Ice on Sunday are top of the list. What are you getting up to?
See you on Monday, when I’ll be posting the recipe for this yummy new Raw Ginger Slice with Chocolate Blanket recipe I made yesterday.
* beautiful C image from here.