I tried another recipe out with the new Tip Top Bakery Deluxe Brioche Sliders for lunch over the weekend. Seconds all round. Little mouths in heaven and Mama & Dadda satisfied too.
Four ingredients. Cheap as chips, but so much better for you! Hold the chips, use fresh fish and get these on your weekend menu asap.
If your kids are anything like mine they’ll soon too be chanting “Fish sliders please!”
- 1 packet of Tip Top Bakery Brioche Sliders
- 500g firm white fish (I used Lemon Fish but use whatever you like from Snapper to Hoki), cut into 3 x 2 cm pieces
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Lemon juice
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 3 T capers, finely chopped
- Juice & zest of one lemon
- Cheese (optional)
- In a fry pan over medium/high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Season your fish on both sides and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Turn and repeat. Set aside.
- Warm brioche sliders in the oven.
- Cut sliders in half (but not all the way through).
- Mix lemon zest, juice and chopped capers with the mayonnaise. Spread mayonnaise on the bottom of the slider and top with one piece of fish. Squeeze a little lemon juice over.
- Cover with cheese if using and lettuce and a smear of mayonnaise on the top of the bun too.
- Use skewers or press firmly to serve and eat.
TIP TOP BAKERY IS GIVING ULTIMATE BURGER FANS THE CHANCE TO WIN $10,000 CASH PRIZE (AS WELL PLENTY OF WEEKLY PRIZES) BY SUBMITTING YOUR OWN BURGER CREATIONS ON THE BETTER BURGER COMPETITION PAGE (WWW.TIPTOPBURGER.CO.NZ).
IF YOU THINK YOU CAN COME UP WITH A WINNING FLAVOUR COMBINATION TO SERVE INSIDE ONE OF THE NEW DELUXE RANGE BURGER BUNS, YOU BETTER HEAD TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE TO ENTER MY $100 PRIZE PACK.
Check out Tip Top’s Facebook page for more.
- This post was made possible thanks to Tip Top Bakery. All opinions and recipes are my own.
- Table ware is from the new Freedom range.
- Teatowel by Cotton On for Mark Tuckey.