In recent years, fine dining has taken a step back on the foodie scene in place of an eating style that promotes sharing plates, tasting menus and tapas. But with burger joints popping up all over town, it seems there is another trend on the rise now too: Gourmet Burgers.
My family loves a good burger and when I have the time (which isn’t often) I like to make my own burger buns because they just always taste better than store bought offerings. Until now….
Tip Top Bakery has just released a new range of burger buns and oh.em.gee! This Deluxe Burger Range makes it real easy to serve gourmet burgers at home.
With Deluxe Corn Dusted Burger Buns, Deluxe Corn Dusted Torpedo Rolls, Deluxe Brioche Style Buns and Deluxe Brioche Style Sliders now readily available, I will be serving bought buns from now on when entertaining friends and family. They obviously take less time to prepare while not compromising on that homemade burger result.
I invited family over for burgers on Sunday night to put the Corn Dusted Burger Buns to the test and I gotta tell ya, taste buds and stomachs were all one thousand percent satisfied with what I am calling TBK’s Best Burger. Using the Tip Top Bakery Deluxe Range I was able to create the most incredible burger.
Hosting family or friends over for dinner never looked so easy, or so appetising. Set up all the fillings so your guests can build their own burger, or put them together with a combination of your favourite fillings like I did. Either way, this is a cost effective way to entertain and I promise that everyone will leave more than satisfied!
We sat around the table ooohing and ahhhhing and appreciating each mouthful.
There is so very much to love about this burger. Each individual component is flavoursome and delicious on it’s own, but the combination of them all is out of this world amazing – not even lying!
I mean really, if you took a bite, you’d be nodding your head in agreement: a homemade premium beef mince patty, topped with creamy melted Havarti cheese, layered with homemade caramelised onions, smoked streaky bacon, freshly sliced juicy tomatoes, crispy iceberg lettuce, smothered in a delicious BBQ Jerk Mayonnaise and all wrapped up in a soft corn dusted burger bun. Mmmmmm
Can you imagine how good that would taste?
- 1kg premium beef mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pack Tip Top Bakery Corn Dusted Burger Buns
- 500 grams Smoky Streaky Bacon
- 1 C caramelised onions
- 1 C Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1/2 C Barkers of Geraldine Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce
- Food Snob Havarti Cheese - 200g
- 2 ripe Tomatoes, sliced
- Iceberg lettuce
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large bowl, place all patty ingredients. Mix well to combine and shape into 6 burger patties. Set aside as you prepare all your toppings.
- Combine Mayonnaise and Jerk Sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pan fry or grill bacon until crispy and brown (the crispier the better imo)
- Cook patties on the BBQ or in a pan over medium/high heat for 3-5 minutes. Flip to the other side and place a slice of Havarti on top. Allow to melt.
- Warm buns in the oven.
- Spread mayo/jerk sauce on the bottom bun and place the cooked patty on top. Onto cheese topped patty, place 1 T of caramelised onions followed by 2 rashers of streaky bacon, two slices of tomato, salt & freshly ground black pepper, lettuce and finally another smothering of BBQ Jerk Mayo on the top lid. Press together firmly and devour!
Tip Top Bakery is giving ultimate burger fans the chance to win $10,000 cash prize (as well plenty of weekly prizes) by submitting your own burger creations on the Better Burger Competition page (www.tiptopburger.co.nz).
If you think you can come up with a winning flavour combination to serve inside one of the new Deluxe range burger buns, you better head to my Facebook page to enter my $100 prize pack.
Check out Tip Top’s Facebook page for more.