Using Piako’s brand new creamy gourmet yoghurt I have created this deliciously indulgent treat. Although the new gourmet yoghurt flavours – Spiced Apple & Lime – are incredible eaten by the spoonful, I decided to treat myself to a little something special and since the Lime flavour is my favourite, and I had a fresh pineapple waiting in the fruit bowl to be transformed into something, I dreamed up this parfait -perfect for breakfast, lunch or dessert. How does this sound to you?
Hunks of caramelised pineapple, scorched in butter & coconut sugar, layered with the delicious Lime offering from Piako and finally sprinkled with toasted almonds. A little creaminess, a little sweet burst of pineapple and a little crunch of almond in every mouthful. Perfect.
I made this little parfait to enjoy all on my own when my kids were out on a Daddy-daycare mission. Of course you could share it with your family or you could make it to enjoy as a dessert dish for guests, or you could do like me and just spoon it into your own deserving mouth, one delicious mouthful at a time. Adjust quantities as you see fit.
I give you my Caramelised Pineapple & Creamy Lime Yoghurt Parfait.
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into spears
- 2 T coconut sugar
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 C of Piako Lime yoghurt
- 2 T chopped almonds
- Heat a small non-stick fry pan over high heat.
- Roll pineapple spears in coconut sugar to lightly cover.
- Melt the butter in the pan and when it's bubbling, add the pineapple to sear.
- After 3-4 minutes, turn the pineapple and cook on the other side.
- Once the pineapple has been cooked on both sides, remove to cool.
- Add 2 T water into the pan and allow the juices and caramelised liquid to come together. Pour off into a separate bowl.
- Wipe out the fry pan and place the chopped almonds in to toast. Shake the pan regularly to ensure they don't burn. Cook to desired crunch level. Set aside.
- Once the pineapple has cooled, cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Taking a glass or small bowl place half of the pineapple pieces in the bottom. Cover with half of the yoghurt. Layer again with pineapple pieces and again with the final portion of yoghurt.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and enjoy!
* this post was made possible thanks to Piako Yoghurt. All opinions as always are my own.