With the recent daylight savings change reminding us that cooler weather, rainy nights and the desire for comfort foods are soon to be upon us, I wanted to share with you how the new Weight Watchers Program Cookbook is helping me make good choices and to not feel like I’m ever missing out on those dishes that we associate with the winter months and comfort eating.
Winter is when many of us can come unstuck in our weight-loss goals as we find ourselves reaching for foods that give immediate satisfaction. The three pillars of this new Weight Watchers Your Way Program are Food, Fit & Feel.
In previous posts, I’ve talked about how I’m making the Food pillar work for me, and why the Fit aspect was one I needed to focus on, and now I want to share this recipe with you to help highlight the importance of the final pillar, which is Feel!
FEEL IS ABOUT INVESTING IN YOU, BECAUSE HAPPIER PEOPLE MAKE HEALTHIER CHOICES.
It’s important to put yourself first (at least some of the time). Invest in yourself and it will make sticking to the Program easier.
Give up multi-tasking at meal times and look for a place free of distraction. Make enjoying your food and those around you your main focus.
FIND WAYS OF COPING OTHER THAN FOOD
Sometimes all you need is a few simple tips on how to manage stress, get enough sleep, pencil in some exercise, as well as downtime. You’ll find all that here.
The best thing about implementing this lifestyle change is that you don’t have to ever feel like you’re missing out. Recipes like these delicious Cinnamon Pecan Scrolls mean that you’re still able to satisfy that desire to bake for your family, but you’re doing it in such a way that you’re not compromising your good eating choices, resting comfortably in the knowledge that you are making good decisions for yourself, while still enjoying a treat with your loved ones.
- 2 C (300g) self raising flour
- 1/2 C (80g) icing sugar
- 1 C (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 C (55g) brown sugar
- 3 T ground cinnamon
- 3 t reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 c (30g) chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees (or 220) Celsius. Lightly spray a 12-hold muffin tin with oil.
- Sift flour and 2 tablespoons of the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the buttermilk and use a butter knife in a cutting motion to stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth.
- Roll out dough to 28cm x 24cm rectangle. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up dough from the long side and cut crossways into 12 even pieces.
- Place scrolls, cut side up, in the prepared muffin holes.
- Lightly brush tops with 1 teaspoon milk and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until browned. Transfer scrolls to a wire cooling rack and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, sift the remaining icing sugar into a small bowl. Stir in the vanilla and the remaining milk until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over scrolls and set aside for 5 minutes to set.
- I add 1 T white vinegar to regular milk to create buttermilk.
There are a bunch of amazing recipes for foods like this – Chocolate & Ricotta Pancakes, Banana, Date & Walnut Bread, Raspberry Bread & Butter Pudding, Gingerbread Cookies, Club Sandwich with Onion Rings, Chicken & Sundried Tomato Pasta Bake – to ensure you never feel like your Winter Comfort Food needs are being ignored!
FINALLY, I’M EXCITED TO LET YOU TRY THIS AMAZING LIFESTYLE PROGRAM OUT FOR YOURSELF. AS PROMISED, I HAVE A WEIGHT WATCHERS ONLINE COACHING 3 MONTH PLAN MEMBERSHIP UP FOR GRABS, VALUED AT $107.53 NZD
As a member you will get online access to an amazing community where you can:
- Track your food through the WW website and app, which is where you can keep an eye on your SmartPoints™.
- Track your activity and FitPoints™ and find exercise ideas and workout plans to suit everyone.
- Calculate SmartPoints™ for foods or simply scan them using the barcode scanner for quick tracking.
- Access more than 3000 recipes.
- Track your weight and milestones.
- Be kept up to date with health trends and access motivational articles (e.g. Walk your way to slim).
- Join the WW online Connect community, where you can chat to other members and share your successes.
TO ENTER TO WIN SIMPLY HEAD TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON THE POST FEATURING THESE SAME PECAN CINNAMON SCROLLS. I WILL CHOOSE A WINNER ON MONDAY 18 APRIL AND ANNOUNCE ON FACEBOOK.
* see T&C’s below
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is The Bubbalino Kitchen, 56 Taylor Road, Mangere Bridge, Auckland 2022, +6421833949 (“Promoter”). The prize supplier is Weight Watchers New Zealand of Level 4, Westpac Building, 79 Queen Street Auckland City 1010, telephone, (09) 573 5020 (“Weight Watchers”).
- Entry is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over who: (a) are not an existing Weight Watchers member at the time of entry or winner selection; and (b) have a valid Facebook account. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Weight Watchers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Promotion commences on 11/04/2016 and ends at 11:59pm on 21/04/2016 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- visit the Bubbalino Kitchen Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/thebubbalinokitchen/ (“Facebook Page”)
- locate the promotional “Never feel like you’re missing out” post on the Facebook Page (“Promotional Post”); and then
- as a direct comment to the Promotional Post, provide an answer to the promotional question “Why do you want to win this membership to the new WW YourWay program?” in 25 words or less.
The public profile of the Facebook account used to enter must contain sufficient personally identifiable information to adequately identify the entrant. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that their entry and any other content submitted in their entry is an original creative work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. All content must comply with and is subject to the provisions contained in clause 19.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the originality and relevance of the answer provided to the promotional question. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
- The winner will be notified by a private message to their Facebook account.
- The best valid entry as determined by the judges, will win a Weight Watchers Online Coaching 3 month plan membership, valued at $107.53 NZD.
- The Weight Watchers Online Coaching 3 month plan expires 3 months from date of subscription signup date. See https://signup.weightwatchers.com.au/SignupVersions/Online/StepOne.aspx and https://www.weightwatchers.com/au/ww-subscription-agreement for details.
- If for any reason the winner does not take/redeem the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Total prize pool value is $107.53 NZD.
- The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to answers to the promotional question (“Content”). The Promoter or Weight Watchers shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and Weight Watchers for any breach of the above terms.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter and Weight Watchers, their affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to the purposes of uploading and publicly displaying the entries, promoting this promotion, and/or any future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Entrants consent to the Promoter and Weight Watchers using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and/or Weight Watchers.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or Weight Watchers, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Internet is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Weight Watchers (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Weight Watchers (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s or Weight Watcher’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or Weight Watchers) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or Weight Watchers; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking/use of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Weight Watchers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and Weight Watchers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (which can be viewed at facebook.com/terms.php).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.